The longest KIIS on Chapel Street wins listener a car
It was a battle to the end of KIIS101.1’s Matt & Meshel show with the best KIISER on Chapel Street staying the distance of two and a half hours to keep their lips on the prize and win a new car.
Not everyone is a fan of locking lips in public – especially for a lengthy few hours – but today that was the challenge for 10 KIIS101.1 finalists in their quest to win a new Honda Jazz.
With their lips smooched firmly on the car, thousands of dollars of prizes and money-can’t-buy experiences from Chapel Street retailers were thrown their way to tempt them.
The stunt was part of KIIS101.1 and The Chapel Street Precinct’s ‘KIIS the Car on Chapel’ competition running throughout the Matt & Meshel breakfast show, with the eventual winner being the person who kept their lips locked on the car the longest.
From a $1000 Priceline voucher to an expensive West Elm Sofa and even a date with Chapel Street’s most eligible Bachelor Alex, the challenge had everyone weighing in on the enticing dilemma.
The stakes were raised when contestants were told unless there was a clear KIISer winner, the car would be given to a caller just before 9am. The finalists then had to decide whether to give into temptation and be guaranteed a prize or risk the car.
Of the comp, The Chapel Street Precinct Association Marketing and Events Director, Ms Chrissie Maus, said: “Chapel Street can be uniquely cheeky in our marketing campaigns. We’re not bound by the traditional marketing rules that our competitors follow, so we can think creatively and be unapologetically bold to get the best cut through for our retailers.”
The winner, 26-year-old Travis McDonnell from Windsor, is a part time Uber driver and hasn’t decided whether he will use the car for work, or donate it to his mum but was ecstatic to take home the prize.
“I just really wanted to give that car a kiss, so I came down here and then two and a half hours later I won it!” he joked.
“But honestly it was really hard, I had no feeling in my fingers and I was going to give up five minutes later but luckily I stayed the distance.”
The list of temptations offered to the contestants included:
- Café E Cucina gift voucher (worth $500)
- Hello Sam burgers every week for a year
- 12 month Kaya gym membership
- Six Kings Domain Barbers treatments
- A year’s worth of MAC makeup pack (worth $500)
- A year’s worth of cheese, wine and flowers from the Prahran market (worth $500)
- Priceline gift voucher (worth $1000)
- A date with Alex, Chapel Street’s most eligible bachelor. Single, fun and flirty Alex is a model and fitness instructor who was the celebrated single behind the street’s ‘Find Jake’ Valentine’s Day promotion
- The Cullen Hotel gift voucher (worth xx)
- A luxury stay at The Olsen Hotel including bike hire and breakfast (worth over $500)
- A Manning Cartell voucher (worth over $500)
- Tony Bianco shoes (worth over $1500)
- Travel voucher worth $1000
- A $500 tab for you and your mates to spend on Friday drinks at Speakeasy Bar
- West Elm Eddy Soft sofa – yarn dyed linen weave, Indigo (worth $1299)