CBC/Radio-Canada is inviting all Canadians to its Annual Public Meeting on Wednesday, June 16.
Hosted by Le Téléjournal’s Céline Galipeau, this virtual event will allow Canadians to hear from six CBC/Radio-Canada foreign correspondents about the impact of fake news, the rise of online hate, and the increasing threats facing journalists worldwide. Audience questions may be submitted in advance by email to email@example.com.
Michael Goldbloom, Chair of the Board of Directors, and Catherine Tait, President and CEO, will also provide an update to Canadians on the state of their national public broadcaster in a segment hosted by CBC Montreal’s Catherine Verdon-Diamond.
- Céline Galipeau, anchor, Le Téléjournal, Radio-Canada Info
- Tamara Alteresco, Radio-Canada Info (Moscow)
- Anyck Béraud, Radio-Canada Info (Beijing)
- Steven D’Souza, CBC News (New York)
- Yanik Dumont Baron, Radio-Canada Info (Paris)
- Susan Ormiston, CBC News (Washington, D.C.)
- Salimah Shivji, CBC News (Mumbai)
- Michael Goldbloom, Chair, Board of Directors, CBC/Radio-Canada
- Catherine Tait, President and CEO, CBC/Radio-Canada
- Catherine Verdon-Diamond, host, Our Montreal, CBC News
Annual Public Meeting 2021
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. EDT