Apple iOS 14.6, is it a bug or a feature exposing the dirty download secret? Ross Adams CEO, ACast explains 5 reasons why we need RSS, Is Audacity dangerous now it’s Russian owned. Podcasts finally agree on episode notes. Interview with Jim Ballas, CTO,
Join James Cridland and Sam Sethi
With Special Interviews:
- Jim Ballas, LaunchpadOne
1. Audacity, an open-source audio editor, is to share limited analytics data with their company in Kaliningrad in Russia, it has announced. The data shared, which you don’t appear to be able to opt-out of, includes your IP address but doesn’t include your name, address or email. The app was “acquired” by Muse Group, a company based in Cyprus,
2. First look: PodcastOne has launched LaunchpadOne, a new, free podcast host. The platform includes PayPal donations, a learning centre and the opportunity to get discovered by PodcastOne.
3. Libsyn shows can now be added to JioSaavn, India’s largest music streaming service with more than 100m monthly users.
4. RSS is the only way to reach everyone, and the only way to make money everywhere, according to Acast CEO Ross Adams, giving five reasons why you need an RSS feed for your show.
5. How much do people in podcasting earn money? Misha Euceph writes a Twitter thread that tells you.
6. For the first time, all major podcast apps display episode notes in the same way. As Podnews testing now reveals, in the <description> field, all major podcast apps now support <a href links, <p> paragraphs, <ul><li> bullet points, and make URLs clickable automatically. You should keep episode notes below 4,000 characters, though, to ensure they display everywhere (Apple has a limit of 4,000, Google Podcasts has a limit of 5,000).
7. Have you voted for The Podcast Awards yet? Podnews is in the “Politics and News” category. We would really appreciate your vote.
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more
Podcast recording made simple. The easiest way to record podcasts in studio quality from anywhere.