Brad Mielke tells us what he learnt from 1,000 daily podcasts? Effy Kang tells us about podcasting in China. Celebs tell us about their favourite podcasts on Apple. Helipad tells us how many SAT’s we’ve earned in real-time and Podping tells us first!
- Brad Mielke - Host/Managing Editor, "Start Here" Podcast at ABC News
- Effy Kang - Head of Capital Markets at Lizhi - the first podcast app that Apple promoted in the Chinese app store
- Apple Podcasts has launched “Listen With”, a podcast playlist service to help listeners discover new shows. The first podcast guide is Jay Shetty. Creators can request to be included using this form.
- The flagship podcast from ABC News, Start Here, marks 1,000 episodes today. Since its launch in March 2018, the podcast’s host, Brad Mielke.
- PodPing a method to inform podcast apps the instant a new episode is published, Podping saw 139,328 new episodes published over the last seven days.
- Use the Podping Watcher to see new episodes in real-time.
- Home bitcoin and lightning node Umbrel has released v0.4.11, and the first version of Helipad: an app that lets you see a live view of incoming boosts and boostagrams. We’ve a guide to get started. Over 4,000 podcasts are now on the Lightning Network!
- Exclusive: PodInbox has launched a monetisation feature to allow podcasters to get fan donations. Here is Evo Terra’s.
- 48% of podcast downloads are of old shows, says research from Firstory.
- German podcast hosting company Julep Hosting has launched “Dynamic Baked-in”, a system that allows a bridge between baked-in advertising and DAI
- Podchaser reviews are now available in Podcast Guru, a podcast app. Podcast Guru users can read, and add, reviews direct from the app.
- Twitter Spaces can now be recorded by anyone - on Android and iOS.