Down Anchor, Goodbye Facebook, Au Revoir Michael Mignano & Tom Webster. Hello Squadcast!
- Buzzsprout - last week, 3,549 people started a podcast with Buzzsprout
- NEW: Squadcast - Create high-quality audio and video content just using your browser: and, using Dolby Enhanced Audio Mastering, they’ll sound better than ever.
- Steve Jones - Content Director at Crowd Network
Show Notes & Links:
- Facebook is pulling out of podcasts and will close the service starting Jun 3. The company will stop creators adding podcasts to the service this week. They don’t plan to communicate the closure to Facebook users.
- Facebook was responsible for just 0.3% of all podcast downloads last month, says Buzzsprout. It had reached 0.5% in February, making it the 17th largest podcast app.
- More than a quarter of new podcast episodes published in April were on Anchor, according to data from John Spurlock:
- The world’s largest podcast host, Anchor was down for much of yesterday
- Spotify is hiring for a podcast moderation team in Dublin Ireland.
- Michael Mignano is to leave Spotify. He’s said to have given his resignation last week and leaves at the end of June.
- Chartable has clarified its future, in an email to users.
- In the UK, The Radio Academy’s ARIAS took place last night.
- Headliner has added an integration with Hindenburg (build 2434). They've also added export to LinkedIn.
- Tom Webster has announced he is to leave Edison Research. He is our guest on next week's show.
- Fountain 0.3.16 is now available on iOS and Android! New features: Lightning Addresses, Fountain User Splits, Activity Notifications.
- Livestreams now supported on Podverse web.
- JustCast added support episode level <podcast:person>, <podcast:location> and <podcast:funding>
- Transistor is launching new free website builder just add your RSS feed.