I’m at a loss, will anyone notice the difference? Lossless audio comes to Apple, Spotify and Amazon for free.
IN THIS PODCAST:
- The Ambies, the first podcast awards from The Podcast Academy. The podcast of the year went to Wondery’s Dying For Sex. The awards seemed to be a streaming success, too, with 25,000 people watching at peak.
- For the full list of winners, Amazon’s Wondery was the winning studio of the night, with five awards announced; Crooked Media getting four, and QCODE with three. The podcast with the biggest award haul was Wind of Change, with three separate wins.
- You can watch the show again online, or use this Podchaser list from Evo Terra to go and listen.
- Apple and Amazon have joined Spotify by announcing lossless audio for their music streaming services. We look at what’s been announced and what it might mean for podcasting - and whether anyone will actually notice.
- Clubhouse is in significant decline, says WARC. Downloads are down 90% from February. It’s now rolling out on Android globally.
- Spotify is hiring for a new podcast boss.
- Podcast Day 24 has confirmed a number of new speakers for their 24-hour podcast conference on June 7, including an in-person event in Sydney NSW, Australia. PNEWSDAY21 for a discount. We’d love to see you!
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more