Scott Waxman tells us why books and podcasts fit together? Hala Taha tells us why promoting your podcast with an audiogram maybe a waste of time? Amazon buys exclusive rights to ‘My Favorite Murder’ podcast. Libsyn5 is live to all users.
- SCOTT WAXMAN // HALA TAHA
- Spotify takes Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s podcast ‘into its own hands’ after the couple produced NO content for a YEAR.
- Spotify picks Joe Rogan over Neil Young
- Stephen Fry has launched a new podcast exploring the brain. The podcast is exclusively on Audible.
- Amazon Buys Exclusive Rights to ‘My Favorite Murder’ Podcast.
Amazon Music and Wondery will offer new episodes of the podcasts for a week before they are available on other services.
- Libsyn has put its new user interface, Libsyn5, live to all users.
The new interface is easier to use, and features 'social scheduling’ and support of the locked tag.
- Exclusive: The free and open-source podcast solution for you to self-host, Castopod has reached v1.0, and now has a website of its own. The podcast platform includes open comments, video clips, anonymised analytics, and wide support for the new podcast namespace. It’s available for download today.
- Podcast hosting company Castos has added customisable podcast website themes.
CEO Craig Hewett will be a guest on the show next week.
- Captivate launch Automated Show Notes.
Mark Asquith will be a guest on the show next week.
- Anchor podcasts are unplayable in some podcast apps.
Overcast CEO/Developer Marco Arment, added, in a tweet to Anchor: “It’s been two weeks that you’re serving malformed files, breaking media players, and losing the audiences of your customers. Do you care about this medium at all?”
- Ross Mathews and Nikki Boyer are co-hosting The Ambies, the second annual Awards for Excellence in Audio run by The Podcast Academy. They’re the co-hosts of Dying for Sex, the winner of the 2021 Podcast of the Year; the ceremony is on March 22 in Los Angeles, and live online.
- Castopod joins Spotify, Podchaser and Podnews in adding copious amounts of JSON_LD to podcast pages.
- this podcast (@seetee.io) is putting their boost messages onto their website. (If you’ve an Umbrel running Helipad, http://umbrel.local:2112/boosts is a JSON feed that might help) Gigi will be a guest on next weeks show.
- NEW Boostergram Icon from Benjamin Bellamy.
- Acast has launched Acast Amplifier, a podcast incubator to discover the next generation of UK podcasters. You’ve until Mar 25 to enter.
- Learn about Nakamoto Consensus and Neutrino’s