Spotify launch call-to-actions cards, ratings but still no Hifi? What’s a GUID and a ULID? Cash app now supports Lightning payments. Facebook mutes podcasts, not as big as they think. India the biggest podcast market by 2023? Sam talks about Podcasting3?
- Spotify has launched clickable call-to-action cards, - described as ad banners for podcasts. Currently limited to Spotify Originals and Exclusives, US only.
- Spotify’s new CTA cards aren’t new and aren’t open. The new JSON-based chapter specification from Podcast Index also allows graphical banners and clickthroughs which can be timed with audio.
- Spotify has added star ratings to its app for podcasts. Could you please rate us?
- Spotify added 1.2m new podcasts to Spotify’s catalogue in 2021. “Anchor continues to drive 80% of the new podcasts. Podcast Index added 466,000 shows in the past six months. It added 3.1m this year
- The Podcast Font for websites, containing icons and logos for popular podcast platforms, apps with just one line of code. It’s open and free
- More new podcast episodes were published last month on Anchor and Buzzsprout than anyone else
- The Podnews Ranker shows an unchanged top three
- The podcast:liveItem tag has been formalised
- Got licensed commercial music on your podcast? Facebook will edit it out, muting your show instead
- A content warning and privacy notice has been added to the Google Podcasts app - the notice links to this page
- The Podcast Hall of Fame will be held at Podcast Movement Evolutions in Los Angeles on Mar 25
- Podcast 3 anyone?