What happens to podcast downloads if IP addresses go away? Interview: Bryan Barletta, plus automating YouTube for podcasting.
- “Nearly one in five weekly listeners say that YouTube is their primary service for podcasts. This is why I twitch a little every time I hear a podcast tell listeners to 'subscribe or follow us wherever you get your podcasts.' Are you sure?” - in his latest newsletter, Tom Webster shares some data that might convince you to get your podcast onto YouTube.
- James has written how to auto-publish your podcast to YouTube
- After Podnews highlighted Fireside Chat’s terms of service following its public launch at Podcast Movement, the company released updated terms late last week. The new terms (differences here) seek to clarify the 'General Media Release’ section about ownership of content, and one clause has been removed. We have reviewed Fireside’s new terms and conditions.
- So what happens to podcasting when IP addresses go away? In Sounds Profitable this week with Chartable, Bryan Barletta highlights who wins - and who loses.
- It’s time to hang up the egos and move beyond IP addresses, says Dave Jones, writing on The Podcast Index’s blog. The post highlights a new way to get better podcast analytics, using a “ULID” URL parameter, and listen stats.
- A new podcast report was released in Germany on Thursday. Hitting the right tone: Germany’s podcast boom was released by the Otto Brenner Foundation. It’s covered by Berlin’s Der Tagesspiegel. A detailed 133-page report with plenty of data about podcasting in Germany is now available.
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more
Podcast recording made simple. The easiest way to record podcasts in studio quality from anywhere.