Whether it’s firmographic enrichment or psychographically targeting, everyone is saying podcasting is getting bigger, while Apple is learning to crawl podland faster but it’s not podping speed just yet?
- Brandon Blackburn, POD TV
IN THIS PODCAST:
- Spotify is adding a way to share timestamps when you share a podcast - a way to share a particular point to start listening.
- Links work on desktop, iOS and Android: here’s a link to economist Will Page’s interview on Podland to see how it works.
- Despite a shrinking economy, the IAB and PwC say that US podcast ad revenues grew to $842m in 2020, up from $708m.
- Chartable has launched Chartable for Brands. Marketers can now find out exactly which companies are listening to their branded podcast
- Spotify has purchased Armchair Expert with Dax Shephard and Monica Padman.
- Amazon’s Wondery+ is to join Apple Podcasts Subscriptions.
- The Apple Podcasts app is being tweaked in the next version of iOS, 14.6. “Mark all as played” makes a welcome return, and a new feature, “Remove Downloads”, might help give you some space back.
- Web-browser Brave has added a 'playlist’ feature in their iOS app, which allows users to save and access audio and video, including podcasts.
- Use Chrome or Brave? Podnews’s podcast search might save you some time. In the address bar, type podnews, hit the TAB button, and then type the podcast you’re looking for. We search Apple, the Podcast Index and (if you want) Spotify.
- Clubhouse is now available on Android, in the US only.
- The Podcasting 2.0 project is working on an alternative to WebSub (which would fix all the above issues): podping․cloud - This PodPing watcher lets you watch in real-time. Podnews now pings this service when we publish a new podcast.
Start for FREE
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.