Will video help make the next podcasting star? Anchor, Substack and YouTube think so. We talk to Tom Billington about the London Podcast Show and Neil Mody about Headliner, Disco and Eddy.
- Buzzsprout - last week, 3,448 people started a podcast with Buzzsprout
Show Notes & Links:
- Spotify’s Anchor has rolled out proprietary video podcasts to all Anchor users in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.
- Paid subscriptions will be available for these shows, too; additionally, Anchor has integrated with Riverside.
- Remote recording tool Riverside has just raised $35m in Series B funding.
- A better future alternative (perhaps) is to support the alternateEnclosure tag.
- Podbean appears to be seeing a large number of migrations away from the service.
- Spotify has just released its financial results for Q1/22. Spotify stock reached its lowest point ever!
- Spotify is launching a fund to support open source software.
- Apple has launched three new Apple Podcast Collections, Apple Podcasts has also launched new listening reports for paid subscriptions.
- Fountain is giving away free money for podcast listeners. The Lightning-enabled podcast app is giving every new user 1,000 sats in their account - for them to share with podcasts they enjoy
- Twitter has been bought by Elon Musk for $44bn
- Triton Digital has released its inaugural Canada Podcast Report.
- Triton Digital has released th